The Ministry of Justice was created on (date) by (text and text number).
By Decree n ° 2005/122 of April 15, 2005 Bearing Organization of the Ministry of Justice, it hosts the Penitentiary Administration which until then was attached to the Ministry of Territorial Administration became MINADT.
Since its creation, the Ministry of Justice has been headed by sixteen (16) Ministers:
- Mr. Charles OKALA (1959-1960);
- Mr. Victor KANGA (1960-1961);
- Mr Yerima MOHAMAN LAMINE (1961);
- Mr. Arouna NJOYA (1961-1965);
- Mr. SANDA OUMAROU (1965-1971);
- Mr. Felix SABAL LECCO (1971-1972);
- Mr. Simon ACHIDI ACHU (1972-1975);
- Mr. Joseph Charles DOUMBA (1975-1979);
- Gilbert ANDZE TSOUNGUI (1979-1983);
- Mr André NGONGANG OUANDJI (1983-1985);
- Mr. Benjamin ITOE (1985-1989);
- Mr. Adolphe MOUDIKI (1989-1991);
- Mr. DOUALA MOUTOME (1991-1996);
- Mr. Laurent ESSO (1996-2000);
- Mr Robert MBELLA MBAPPE (2000-2001);
- Mr. AMADOU ALI (2001-2011);
- Mr. Laurent ESSO (2011 - to the present day).