Director: Mr. MAHOUVE Michel,
Magistrate Hors Hierarchy 1st Group
Decree N ° 2012/389 of 18 September 2012 (Click here to download)
PRESENTATION OF THE DEPARTMENT FOR CIVIL MATTERS AND THE SEAL–Article: 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 and 33 of DECREE n°2012/389 of 18 September 2012 to organize the Ministry of Justice.
Under the authority of a Director, the Department for Civil Matters and the Seal comprise:
- The Sub-Department for Administrative, Financial and Audit Litigation, under the authority of a Sub-Director, responsible for following-up of matters pending before Administrative and Audit Courts. In addition to the Sub-Director, the Sub-Department comprise three (3) Assistant Research Officers ;
- The Sub-Department for Other Civil Matters and the Seal, under the authority of a Sub-Director, comprise three (3) Services :
- The Service for Civil, Commercial labour and Traditional Matters, under the authority of a Service Head, responsible for following-up of matters pending before courts in civil commercial, labour and Traditional matters;
- The Service of the Seal, Nationality and Change of Name, under the authority of a Service Head, responsible for :
- Keeping and appending the State’s Seal ;
- Ordering dry stamps ;
- Studying application files for authorization to operate as engravers ;
- Studying matters concerning the acquisition, loss or forfeilure of the Cameroonian nationality and litigation thereto ;
- Studying application for change of names, first names and nicknames and following-up of proceedings in these matters.
- The Service of International Judicial Cooperation in Civil Matters,under the authority of a Service Head, responsible for following-up of relevant files in civil, commercial and labour matters to be sent or received from foreign countries.